|Project Title:||PLUS Project|
|Total London Councils Grant:||£480,956|
|Funding period:||01 April 2017 to 31 March 2021|
|Service area:||1.3 Supporting the response to homelessness in London through support to voluntary sector organisations|
To strengthen the homelessness sector (voluntary, public and private) to work more collaboratively. To bring sectors together to better understand, define and identify their role in preventing homelessness. To support frontline providers and commissioners to be responsive to changing patterns of need, policy, legislation and equalities issues. To build the capacity of frontline providers to improve service delivery and effectiveness and ultimately be more sustainable. With the ultimate aim of achieving improved outcomes for those at risk of or experiencing homelessness.
- providing specialist advice, support, training, information, good practice spotlights and policy forums
- supporting and improving working relationships between the VCS, boroughs and landlords through attendance at forums, partnership events and bespoke work with outer London boroughs.
- improving collaboration and communication between the homelessness, employment, domestic/sexual violence, substance use, and health sectors through relationship brokerage, bespoke support, joint initiatives and peer networks
- providing quality policy, law and research information identifying London specific impact and trends through briefings and bulletins
- testing new models through special initiatives responding to the London specific context.
- Higher quality, more responsive and effective service delivery (measured against a baseline , and using an external evaluation)
- More effective cross sector/priority collaboration to deliver more effective services
- Improved and focussed response to prevention A better equipped sector to develop creative interventions and solutions responsive to the specific London context.
- A better equipped sector to develop creative interventions and solutions responsive to the specific London context.
Jane Bancroft - London Development Manager (Mon/Wed/Fri)
2nd Floor Minories House | 2-5 Minories| London EC3N 1BJ | UK
+44 (0)20 7840 4460 | +44 (0)7956 114992 | Twitter: JaneHlessLink
|Borough||Anticipated number of organisations supported per year|
|Barking and Dagenham||8|
|City of London||5|
|Hammersmith and Fulham||14|
|Kensington and Chelsea||14|
|Kingston upon Thames||4|
|Richmond upon Thames||2|