Solace Women's Aid
|Project Title:||Ascent Advice and Counselling|
|Total London Councils Grant:||£5,700,952|
|Funding period:||01 April 2017 to 31 March 2021|
|Priority:||Tackling Sexual and Domestic Violence|
|Service area:||2.2 Advice, counselling and support to access services (for medium risk post-IDVA and target groups not accessing generalist provision)|
The project provides support for women (age 16+) affected by DV/SV and prevents its escalation through individually tailored advice, support and therapeutic services to enable women to cope, recover and move to independence. The Project provides four key service areas with a holistic delivery model providing initial response to all forms of Violence against Women and Girls (VAWG) as well as after-care from IDVA services:
- Advice, including legal support, through a hub and spoke model and inclusive of targeted support for BME women; those with NRPF; young women (including gang affected age 14+); sexually exploited women (including those with problematic substance use issues) and women with complex housing needs to enable them to access safe accommodation.
- One to one BACP accredited counselling delivered within each borough as well as counselling in over 20 languages provided by BME led by and for organisations.
- A bespoke in-borough group work programme, as well as specialist BME focused group work across the partner organisations to aid recovery, reduce isolation and increase understanding of abuse.
- No Recourse fund to assist women with no recourse to public funds with essential living costs and accommodation.
- Training including legal training to professionals and accredited VAWG training to volunteers and therapeutic training to clinicians.
- The project will deliver a range of outcomes including increased safety, access to safe housing, legal support, reduced risk, improved mental/physical health and well-being, increased confidence/self-esteem and increased knowledge for service providers around DV/SV.
Gill Herd, Senior Manager - Partnerships
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com or call 0203 198 4661
Solace Women's Aid, Unit 5-7 Blenheim Court, 62 Brewery Road, N7 9NY
East London (Solace Womens Aid): 0808 802 5565; firstname.lastname@example.org
West London (Women and Girls Network): 0808 801 0660; email@example.com
London Legal Advice (Rights of Women): 0207 608 1137
|Borough||Anticipated service users per year|
|Barking and Dagenham||196|
|City of London||15|
|Hammersmith and Fulham||142|
|Kensington and Chelsea||101|
|Kingston upon Thames||91|
|Richmond upon Thames||87|
- Solace Women's Aid
- Ashiana Network
- Asian Women's Resource Centre
- Chinese Information and Advice Centre
- EACH Counselling and Support
- Iranian and Kurdish Women's Rights Organisation
- IMECE Women's Centre
- Jewish Women's Aid
- Latin American Women's Rights Service
- The Nia Project
- Rape and Sexual Abuse Support Centre
- Rights of Women
- Southall Black Sisters
- Women and Girls Network